Marc Russell used to travel the world seeking out adventures. Now he spends much of his time bedridden and needs a cane to get around. The 42-year-old is one of a growing number of men who have come forward with complications from mesh used in hernia surgeries.
Fay Sherret was killed by a slow-growing bacteria that entered her body as she had a routine heart valve replacement procedure. A cooler in the operating theatre was infected and the deadly bacteria was airborne. Now, her daughter is working to uncover what authorities knew about the risks.
When Carol Camilleri had her breast implant surgery in 2014, she had no idea the model she was about to put in her body had been causing alarm in medical circles.
An investigation by ABC News finds defibrillators with a history of safety problems are still being used in Australia nearly 18 months after they were withdrawn from sale.
As a soldier, Wolfgang Neszpor spent a decade serving his country. But he never expected his most serious injury to come when he was safely back home.
A world-first investigation uncovers a trove of information from regulators and manufacturers to create a global picture of the harm caused by faulty medical devices.
In an Australian first, newborn babies are now being routinely screened for the genetic condition spinal muscular atrophy, and one professor says the impact on families "is going to be profound".
When Monia's father was dying, her family hesitated to donate his organs, unsure of how it sat with their strong Hindu faith. So she went to her priest to find out.
Lawyers allege Petrea Aslett didn't receive simple tests when she presented to hospital at 30 weeks gestation, and the severe reaction she had to the medication she was given caused her son to be born prematurely with a brain injury that will impact his life.